Project Management Tools (Bugs, Features, Tasks, etc.)

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
We currently use FogBugz, it does pretty good, version 6 is supposedly coming, yeah yeah, believe it when we see it. I've also looked at AxoSoft's OnTime 2007, not very impressed and a cumbersome interface, much less the app is slow, not a good show for .NET.

What have you seen for Project Tools software and what are your reviews of such? The main requirements is tracking bugs, features, tasks, time worked, etc. among small teams.

What projectmanagementmethod do you use?

I've followed Prince2 and on the market there are some good tools for it.

I guess it really depends what project management theory you actually use. For Agile dev teams, I have heard good things about JetBrains TeamCity. At the base it is a build management tool, however it's highly adaptable to manage your whole dev process, from commits to unit tests to actual build to support tickets. It's also completely free, for a maximum of 20 build configurations. Here they use iceScrum, never actually used it myself.

It takes some time to get used to the Agile way of things, eccentric vocabulary, etc... Personally I am a strong believer in calling a sheep a sheep, so it makes me chuckle when suddenly a bug is a defect, a dev call is a story, a deadline is a sprint, etc... However once you get past all that nonsense, it actually works pretty good...

Last edited:
Back