Project issues

gate7cy

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello guys and dolls. I am trying to open a past project of mine in studio 08. The project was created in 08. I have added the mysql.data/ imported my dump/ changed the user, pass in the connection strings and everything debugged succesfully and I could run my program. When I try to open a form in designer It is not shown giving me this error :

"Warning 2 Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 0 0 "

It does not show the form but just an error page with this header :

"To prevent possible data loss before loading the designer, the following errors must be resolved: "

If I press ignore I see the form but the errors remain. If I close the form the errors go away? I am confused and wonder if these can affect the program in the future? What I am doing wrong? Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the reply. The thing is that I have already done that and it resolved all errors. The weird thing is that it debugs ok, connects to the db and the data transfer is fine. Only in designer mode the forms show the error. I can 'ignore it' and continue normally to the form but because the error remains I do not know whether it will affect future changes.

Back