Problems...

vbnetrook

Programming Experience
Beginner
Once again I am dumb but I need to know how to do this problem or how to get started... I've declared my variables etc but I am not good with the code. The problem is as followed..... If anyone can help please e-mail me without making fun of how easy this is haha.

Write a program to analyze a mortgage. The user should enter the amount of the loan, the annual rate of interest, and the duration of the loan in months. When the user clicks on the command button, the information that was entered should be checked to make sure it is reasonable. If bad data have been supplied, the user should be so advised. Otherwise, the monthly payment and the total amount of interest paid should be displayed. The formula for the monthly payment is

Payment = p * r / (1- (1 + r) ^ (-n))

Where p is the amount of the loan, r is the monthly interest rate (annual rate divided by 12) given as a number between 0 (for 0 percent) and 1 (for 100 percent), and n is the duration of the loan. The formula for the total interest paid is

Total interest = n * payment -p

I suggest that you take a look at the Microsoft.VisualBasic.Financial namespace, which has member functions to make these calculations for you. If this is a school project and you're supposed to write the functions yourself then it's not for us to write the code for you anyway. If this is homework then I suggest you make a start and we can help with specific issues in your code along the way, but forums should not be a place to have your homework done for you.

Back