Question Problem with update and delete

hendrikbez

Programming Experience
1-3
I making a program, but I have problems with Update and delete. I can add new info to my database, but it wil not update or delete.

I don't know if the problem is with my code or database.

Can someone plase look at it for me, My project is added.

Last edited:
Because UPDATE and DELETE require that a row be located first in order to be deleted, generator tools like the OleDbCOmmandBuilder or the DataSet Generator require that the table to be updated or deleted has a primary key, as this is the only reliable way of ensuring that a single row can be uniquely identified.

If the significance of this is not immediately apparent, then just ensure your table has a primary key, and then try again. If you are using the datset generator then you will have to run through the tableadapter wizard configuration again

ps, your zip file is very large. Please remove it from your post, and create another zip file containing your project, but WITHOUT the bin and obj folders. Also if youre using an Access database, please compact/repair it before you make the zip

I did upload it now, it is 464kb (it is my resources) My dll file is not included.
My mdf file is apart now, hope it works now.

I do have a primary key in, and it still does not update or delete.

Attachments

• Table.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Blokkies.zip
    463.9 KB · Views: 26
  • dll.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back