Problem with "Setup and deployment" VS.net ...Help me!

damxuanthai

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all.
On the first time to get use Vb.net, I make a small Dictionary, i also use SQL server and also make a database. In Visual studio, my app run well. Now I practice using addsolution "setup and deployment" (this tool in VS.net) to my solution to make a setup file (msi). I choose Setup winzard to complete and build success file setup.msi
When I give file setup to my freind's computer, The istalation complete without error, But when I run app, the Error message show like that "The SQL server does not exist or access denied".
I dont know, How do I must do to finisned my pratice. Please help me. What does Error message mean?, What should I do to solve my problem.
Thanks alot.:D

Thanks for reply, Do you mean, I have change the connection string.? No, I didn't. I have not change any code. The application run well in my Pc. but It dont work when i setup in other PC.
You mean: the other Pc not install SqlServer? Maybe :D but when i install SQL in my freinds PC, my App don run and show the message: Do not found the database. So Can you help me in some question:
1 . How to add the SQL server to setup (.msi) file, it make to install SQLserver to cilent PC more easy.
2. How to connect (determine) the database in the setup project, I mean the msi file contain database file. for example, if I use access database in my app, when i make a "setup and deployment" file, i only add the file database.mdb file to myproject. but when use SQL database, i dont know to add database to msi file. I have read alot help and try alot times but no success, there are still message "Do not found the database" in cilent Pc.
Please help me to finish my pratice.
Thanks alot :D

Back