Problem with buttons changing colour on other PC's

KerryGan

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I have a problem with buttons changing color on a form. Specifically the button with colour ActiveCaption (gray) when i run the .exe on other machines, (and it seems regardless of operating system) the button colour turns a very dark blue.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Did you solve it?

thanks
Sue :confused:

Hi Kerry,
How you have set up the 'flat style' property of certain button? Flat, Pop Up, Standard ...?
Also check whether you change the color property somewhere inside the code (Ctrl+F ... Search -> current project and type the name of the button). It happens all the time that people inherit the project or download from internet and they often don't know what's going on there ... :)
Btw, please update your profile selecting your Primary Platform.
Regards ;)

Hi Kulrom,
thanks for helping.

I have set the button up as standard. I did a search on all the buttons this problem occurs with and I can't see any where it changes the colour. I wrote the program from scratch) What is strange is that it if fine on my PC it is other peoples PC's that have the problem regardless of operating system.

rgds,
Sue

Hi Kulrom,

that is very kind of you to offer to create a simple project to test, thank you very much. I look forward to receiving it.

Sue

Of course ... you are wellcome. If this buttons also get change the color then its probably cuz of the acceleration of the test computers (i am not positive but it may be that 'ActiveCaption' is kinda predefined color suported by only Win2k and above OS's so, try with other colors see whether they will be appear differently than you see it on workstation PC).

Regards ;)

Attachments

• ButtonIssue.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 30
It is also possible, if the other computers are running ME or XP (as I'm sure they are), that the Windows OS Theme in use is affecting things. Is your development computer set to Classic style, but the others are in the XP style? Something along these lines might cause an issue with default properties. You could force a solid color, instead of using the ActiveCpation reference.

Back