Generating printpage with highres image problem

Woutje

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello all!

Our company runs a karting track that uses an own timing system that is still in development. I first of all don't have any knowledge of VB.NET but please let me explain our problem. I do have knowledge of asp, (asp.net) and graphic design..

The program generates printing results for each driver that are automatically printed after each race. On top of a resultspage there should be a header with our logo and houres of operations etc... For that we gave the programmers a 300DPI image with the correct dimensions so that it would be sharp after printing.

Now the programmer says that his sheet has a certain of pixels and that it doesn't recognize dpi's.. he needs a 72dpi image with the correct pixels.
If we do that the header on the printed result would be blurry!
It seems that VB.NET can't specify an image using it's dimensions (inches..) but only in pixels..? :confused: Is there any other way that the programmer can get the images sharp after printing?

In a webbased application he could specify the width and height of the image without changing the original image, so that the result would be sharp..
Maybe somebody is familiar with this problem or has a good solution that I can forward to my programmer?

Sorry if the post doesn't fit here but I'm desperately searching for a solution as well as the programmer.

thx a lot!

regards
Woutje

Check this article by Bob Powell and see if there is something you and the programmer can use there, it touches briefly the subjects of DPI/default and using other dimensioning units than pixels, "Creating high-resolution images" http://www.bobpowell.net/highresimg.htm

Back