Problem installing windows service

jeff_p_schulz

Programming Experience
1-3
I am trying to install my windows service. When I run the install util as follows I get the error below. Please let me know what I am going wrong.

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>InstallUtil.exe C:\Documents and Settings\jeffrey\Desktop\WindowsServiceExample\WindowsServiceExample\bin\WindowsServiceExample.exe

Exception occurred while initializing the installation: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Documents, or one of its dependencies, was not found..

The problem is with the way that you are running the installer. Try running the installer as follows.

Run in the BIN directory of your application

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\InstallUtil.exe WindowsServiceExample.exe

Copy the Installutill.exe to the Bin directory of you project and run.

Or use the Visual Studio cammand prompt from the start menu, visual studio tools section

Windows Service Error

Its probably too late for this guy. But you will find that your error was caused by not having Quotes around the path.

eg.

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>InstallUtil.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\jeffrey\Desktop\WindowsServiceExample\WindowsServiceExample\bin\WindowsServiceExample.exe"

Back