Printing errors - HP incompatability?

dreamtime

Programming Experience
1-3
I am nearing the end of my woes.

Several posters on this forum have made my life a lot happier by helping with Crystal Report problems.

Now I am having an issue with a printer and I was hoping that maybe someone else has had this problem.

I am using the CRviewer in .net to view a report. The report has a printer (default) set in the printer settings. I have set the orientation and size. (Even when I DON'T set these, the report print incorrectly).

When I send the report to the printer it prints only one small bit of the report in the top left hand corner (not quite a quarter of the report).

So far it only does this with a specific HP printer - but then I only have a small handful to test it on. The printer is a Laserjet 1320n connect using USB and the drivers that came with the printer.

If no one else has ever experienced this issue I guess I can assume it is a problem with that specific printer/driver

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Have you tested the same report to be printed by another printer ... note that if your report's margins are smaller than usually it will happen to all printers as there is no printer that print whole page ... and often adjusting wrong margins you can fall in trouble like this one.

Cheers ;)

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I have tested it successfully on other HP laserjet printers. A 2100 & 2200 and some others (I don't have the model numbers to hand).

It is the unknown quantity that I am worried about. As the application gets used more are there going to be a number of incompatible printers?

Back