Print and Email Screen....

sohaib

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi guys!!

I have a little bit problem regarding printing forms and email file...

I have made an entry form i want to send it with email and print its form (or any file we can say) as well ...Can it b possible in VB.Net.....

Actually, We have clients which can b contacted with us by email or by hand so we want a form in this way that after entering above general information and the rest of the information should be entered by a person own so for this case we have to send it to them by email or by hand in the form of print...

I have already found a code related to attaching file for emailing directly from the pgm but imports system.Web.mail is not recognized by my system...Can anyone help me about this....

Can anyone plz help me in this regard..

Hope for the positive response from u people soon...

If any good suggestion to solve this problem i will really appreciate to u.

ok Bye

Hello Sir!!

You are absolutely right but i cant understand where the problem lies...i think so it is not working with smtp server....

Even i m using a simple mail scenario whatever you have told me....i m using smtp.yahoo.com as smtp server is it right??

I mean the error is still there with the message "Could not access CDO.Message"...

so help me !!

ok
Bye

If you only have a Yahoo! account then I'm not sure that you can access an SMTP server through it. I've never set up an e-mail client to use Yahoo! or Hotmail, but I believe that those HTTP accounts are handled differently. I'm not sure that POP3 and SMTP are involved, so you wouldn't have a POP3 or SMTP server. Check your e-mail client to be sure.

If you have another e-mail account with an ISP then you should be able to use that address and their SMTP server. If your e-mail address is someone@someISP.com and their SMTP server is smtp.someISP.com then use those. I have used the exact same principle and had no issues.

Hi Sir!!

It's really become a problem for me...I cant understand that what is happening with my virtual smtp server....

Whatever you have told me i m working in that scenario....but it's not happening here with me...

I m using my email address and sending it to my another email ...but the error is still there ....(CDO.Message cant access.....)

ok

Bye

I'm afraid I don't think I can help you any further. All I can do is tell what I've done in the past that has worked for me. If it doesn't work for you then I'm afraid I'm stumped. The only other thing I can tell you is that I think CDO stands for Collaborative Data Objects. That might be a place to start if you want to do some research. Sorry I can't be more help.

Hi !!

I m trying to do my email sending problem....In the same way , i want to do with print options....

Actually i m trying to make a small program in which when a user selects "Sending By mail" then it will send a mail to that particular email address and when it selects "Sending By hand" it should print a particular form.... I know to print screen is not a big problem ...i have code with me...but in that print....it shows full screen including Title bar of the screen ....

Actually i want a form or screen in that way that the important data should be already present at the time of printing (data like name of applicant,Registration number and his location) after all other informations should be filled by his own hand after giving print out....

So by selecting by print option.....now i m thinking it can be handled by making a report and then print accordingly...so plz help me in that way how i can manipulate to print report at the runtime and it should be presented like a form....above few information already filled and others should be blanked...and when a user clicks print then it will print accordingly....

I want to ask u how i can use this option.....in my code....or is there any other scenario by which i can manage this option at the runtime...

Ok

Have a nice day

Bye

Hello guz!!

I haven't resolve my problem of email from code at runtime....I know it's not a big deal....

Ok Tell me one thing!....Is it necessary to make an account on Outlook to perform welll...I mean to say it is indirectly interacted with Outlook or not....

I m asking just because of my output is still the same with CDO.Message error...and i can't resolve uptil now...

Can any body help me to resolve this problem by using any scenario...

ok

Take Care, Bye

When using System.Web.Mail there isn't any interaction with Outlook. You shouldn't even need an e-mail client on your machine. Have you searched MSDN or Google for your error message?

Hi!!

I got this error when i m using a program for sending email from my side...

Error:-

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' occurred in system.web.dll
Additional information: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.

-------------------------------------------------------------

One thing more during search i got one of the website for configuring IIS....I performed all the tasks given in it....The problem which in my add & remove programs i haven't seen SMTP Service which is given in the website Tutorial...i want to ask u that it might b the problem or not...I think so it is interrelated to some extent so plz guide me in this regard ........

Here is the link:-

http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_server/smtp1/smtp1_1.asp

OK

Reply me soon with solution...

Have a nice Day....Bye

Hi guyz!

By the grace of Almighty Allah i resolved it and now email outgoing + attaching files are working fine......

Now, I have one step forward....i have to ask u that is there any way to find out that if any invalid address is there so it should be auto-send as in the normal accounts the mail was returned and everything was there (i mean problem related to that email)...Is there any way in this scenario so that i will able to solve it...Hope u got it...

Ok

Bye

How did you solve your problem, in case anyone else has the same issue?

There is no way to know whether an email address was valid or not using System.Web.Mail, as far as I know. You would have to have an e-mail client setup to receive e-mail for the account you sent from in order to receive returned mail.

[Resolved]

The problem which i m facing is simply regarding emailing ....the error was still there Firstly i searched and got to know that IIS and other services are configured accordingly so then i removed smtp server from there.....

In that case, the mail easily transferred to my other mailing address with attachments as well....

Without using smtp server i m able to get the right result......Isn't it.....

I m really thankful to jmchilhinney.............for his cooperation ....and hope for the next time as well....

ok thnx a lot i hope i will have no problem but i believe without problem no one can learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye

Back