Possible feature

vbkev

Programming Experience
5-10
Love the site however..

Long ago, when i was a bairn, there was a site called www.vbchat.com what had a chat room dedicated to vb guys. me and a few others would sit in there all day answering questions and asking eachother some. It was really nice to be able to bounce ideas of others and be able to develop knowing that i could usually get instant answers to things i didn't know (or was just too tired to think of :) ).

I understand the legal restrictions in place now on doing this kind of thing can be pretty strong, but i'm sure some of the senior members wouldn't mind being responsible for reporting/kicking abusive people and generally keeping it a pleasant and friendly place to be.

Software wise, there's a nice little (free i think) irc server software that runs as a windows service called bircd (i think), and java clients are everywhere.

Just my 2pp

There is no intention of adding a CHAT capability as the knowledge shared in that is "volatile memory" and gone for those that weren't participating. The forum system is nice as you can always search for answers, it's spidered for Google, etc., and persistent for anyone to learn from at any time.

Back