Pop Up Message Box

jlcruzAME

Programming Experience
1-3
I found this solution while searching for a way to have a pop up message appear if a certain condition occurs on the ASP.NET site we are working on:

This is in the pages <head></head>
VB.NET:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">        function callMyJSFunction() {
            alert("You have not uploaded the required forms for this work order.");
        }
</script>

And this is in the VB.NET:
VB.NET:
ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "id", "callMyJSFunction()", True)

It works when I am running it on my machine from VS 2010. But when I put it on the web server and try to use the live site, the pop up doesn't work. Can anyone help me out or point me in the direction of a solution that works?

Thanks.

UPDATE. I tried to just populate a span tag at the top of the page but I am having the same results. Works on my system, will not work when I access the live site with those additions. Here is the thing that confuses me the most - I have a button in the grid that generates a link and places it in the span tag, and that works on the live server, but for some reason it won't populate with this text. Any idea???

One last piece of information, the one that is working is an asp:Button while the other is an asp:LinkButton. Not sure why one would populate the span over the other. Tomorrow morning I will try to change the link button into a button and see what happens. If anyone else has any information please reply. I'm hardly finding any relevant information out there for this.

Back