Please can my account be deleted

We don't delete accounts but you can discontinue using it. We hope you'll come back someday.

I also want my account (email address) and every other thing attached to it removed.
What an idiot thing is this that we can't have our accounts removed?
It's a f*cking forum for programmers, and you're telling us we can't have our accounts removed?
Every decent website has this option. So practically you're keeping our email address and all other info we supplied once hostage.
I don't even think that is legal (at least in Europe it isn't).
I get spammed all over the place every birthday, so that's a reminder to me to have all the garbage removed...
But now this is totally annoying me.

This is a forum, I have never seen any forum that deletes content at user's demand. You can delete your own posts (I think?), you can change your email address, you have all the tools you need to avoid spam to your main account all by yourself. Nothing is illegal here.

I didn't ask to delete any content (posts or that), just my account. Is that so much to ask? Every forum I've been to up 'till now allows me to delete my account. Username in posts etc isn't clickable anymore and email address is removed.

Back