opening Microsoft word in the same website

aleena

Programming Experience
Beginner
i have a similar problem. i want to open microsoft Word in the same website. i.e. i have designed a website and i want microsoft word to open as an instance after i click a button. but i dont want word to open seperatly, i want it to open in the same website that i have designed. please someone help me!

"Save as web page" and display that.

thanks for the help! i tried this but it still opens the document seperately. i want it to open in the same website that i have designed. i.e. when i click a button the document opens in the lower half of the webiste (the same website which had the button). please give me a solution for that. thanks!

Use a frame.

i am using the shell function to open a document using the following line of code: returnID = Shell("C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional\MAPINFOW.exe c:\new\Default.wor", vbNormalFocus)

i used this to open an instance of the document in the same website, using a normal website and also using frames. It still opens the document seperately :(. I think there must be someother command to open the document in the same website. Inshort please help again.

Thanks!

I have no idea what you posted there??
Here's how I did it, in page load event used this code:
VB.NET:
Me.words.Attributes("src") = "lorem.htm"
"lorem.htm" is the name of the Word document saved as webpage.
In source of webpage added a iframe:
HTML:
<iframe runat="server" id="words" width="400" height="400"></iframe>

ok thanks for this code. i tried it but it only opens the word document in the website. i want it to open the whole word in the website i.e. have the functionalities included in the website for example font selection, bold italics or underlined, color selection, file, edit, view, insert and so on... all these functionalities should also be displayed in the website. please help.thanks.

Editing word documents in a website is a whole different ball game. You might figure out how to use the DsoFramer control for this.

I have no idea what you posted there??
Here's how I did it, in page load event used this code:
VB.NET:
Me.words.Attributes("src") = "lorem.htm"
"lorem.htm" is the name of the Word document saved as webpage.
In source of webpage added a iframe:
HTML:
<iframe runat="server" id="words" width="400" height="400"></iframe>

I have a question. Where you place the lorem.html file?

Back