open email client: Please Help

blackg

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am developing a webpage. I have a table called Seller and one of the columns contains email addresses of the sellers. In my webpage the email address is successfully retrive based on the SellerID. And I have a link-button that display the email address.
Now what I want is that when I click the button I want it to open outlook express or what ever mail client and the email address placed in the send to bar.

any tips will be highly appreciated thanks in advance

email link button

Thank you for the tip, the problem is that the email addresses are not static. say I have 100 sellers each with different email addresses, it will be difficult to implement with html code.

email link button

Thank you for the reply, can you show me where to insert the code:
In the html code this what I have
<asp:linkbutton id="Lbtnemail" runat="server"></asp:linkbutton>

and in the vb code I have this:
Lbtnemail.Text = datarow.Item(2)

emails are retrived based on the SellerID as I mentioned earlier and placed on the link-button

response.write("<a HREF mailto:'" & datarow.Item(2) & "' > Their email address </a>"

For unknown reason the link-button disapear, is no longer visible
Response.Write("<a HREF mailto:" & datarow.Item(2) & ">Lbtnemail.Text = datarow.Item(2)</a>")

You don't need the link button.
Response.Write("<a HREF mailto:" & datarow.Item(2) & "> - This is the text that will be displayed - </a>")

I have insert this code on the click event of the link button

Response.Write("<a HREF mailto:" & Lbtnemail.Text & "></a>")
but when I click on the email address nothing happens

ok responce.write will write somethin on the screen, so if you had:
Response.Write("<a HREF mailto:me> - This is the text that will be displayed - </a>")
you'll get a link - This is the text that will be displayed - that when you clicked on it would email me.

If you want a bunch of labels as I think you do (after rereading your posts) what you can do is use normal labels and set there txet to "<a HREF mailto:me> - This is the text that will be displayed - </a>"

Back