Online Database

ian14178

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi good day im new here is there any way i can put the database online or for example in my website. and in specific computer with the program i created will be pulling out the database online. sorry for my bad english. :)

Hello and welcome.

I have moved your post into a new thread of its own. We like to keep each topic to a single thread and each thread to a single topic. Unless your question relates directly to the topic of an existing thread, please do not post it to that thread. If you have a new question on a new topic then please create a new thread of your own in the most appropriate form.

As for the question, while it is possible with some database servers to have applications connect directly over the internet, it is generally not done for security reasons. The more common approach is to create a web service and have it connect to the database behind a firewall and then have your application make calls to the web service.

Thanks

Hello and welcome.

I have moved your post into a new thread of its own. We like to keep each topic to a single thread and each thread to a single topic. Unless your question relates directly to the topic of an existing thread, please do not post it to that thread. If you have a new question on a new topic then please create a new thread of your own in the most appropriate form.

As for the question, while it is possible with some database servers to have applications connect directly over the internet, it is generally not done for security reasons. The more common approach is to create a web service and have it connect to the database behind a firewall and then have your application make calls to the web service.

Thanks.. i really need to know that how i can communicate with my database even in not connected with my own network. it is only for viewing information from my database. i already have my website and a linux server. glad someone can help me.. thank you in advance.. ^^

No I can't. That's like asking me to teach you how to create Windows applications. It's not just one little thing. There is lots of information online about creating web services. In .NET you would do it by creating a WCF service, so that's what you should start researching. The service is an application like any other, so the code to access the database will be the same as for any other application. The difference is that there is no UI but rather a set of methods that can be invoked over the internet by other applications. If you have specific questions along the way then by all means post them in new threads but how to create a web service is to broad a question.

Latest posts

Back