No Jet in Vista?

Troy

Programming Experience
10+
Guys I seem to have encountered an interesting problem. I've installed Vista and VB 2005 Pro on my computer and The application I've been developing under XP with 2005 Pro can't open my Jet Database.

No code has been changed since changing OS's It ran perfectly fine under XP but now I get an error that it can't find Jet?! I checked the ODBC and SQL is the only thing I see for creating a new DB.

My office 2005 Pro works fine with Access for opening my Database. What gives? Did they change the Jet version Number? and even then why is it not backward compatible?

Here's my opening line.

strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source = " _
& .FileName

AS the error message states, OleDb JET is not supported under x64. You simply have to change the target CPU for your compile to x86 and it will work.

AS the error message states, OleDb JET is not supported under x64. You simply have to change the target CPU for your compile to x86 and it will work.

Umn ok, but why is Jet no longer being supported on 64 bit processors in 64 bit mode?

Jet was supported on 32 bit processors when they upgraded from 16 bit.

I understand there is a x86 or 32 bit mode basically to all the 64 bit OS's. Are they just doing away with Localized db engines in 64 bit mode? Setting up SQL for a one machine db is a pain.

And, won't that mean I can't recompile my app to utilize 64 bit architecture?

Back