New forum?

grmbl

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey,

I'm a vivid VB.net and VBScript programmer and I'd love to see
a Scripting forum on vbdnforums.com. This would be the
perfect place for everything about VBS, WMI, ...

Maybe put a poll thread in the general discussion forum so people
can decide for themselves?

Kind regards,

grmbl!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......No.

Seriously, these forums are for VB.Net language and development. IMO related technologies should be answered in place and context of that. That goes for client scripting in ASP.Net pages if relevant, SQL queries for data access, WMI queries for management, Regex queries where needed, conversion and/or interaction with C#/C++ and other languages as it applies to VB.Net, Xsl and XPath in relation to Xml in VB.Net client and server apps, etc etc...

You should have no problem in finding dedicated forums for any language or technology, as this place is for VB.Net. There are also several rather large development/programmer forum sites that have one forum for each language, if you like that order of things better. Here we have all VB.Net and order things into sections and topic forums.

As for scripting in particular it has mostly only place in ASP.Net pages in VB.Net context, and usually a small part so, often also only as generated code used by the AJAX technologies.

Sorry for suggesting a subforum dedicated to something
so totally irrelevant as VBS... I'll think twice before
suggesting something crazy like that in the future.
Anyway, it should have been nice to see
how others thought about it. I'll just go
out on the web and find me a suitable forum
for that topic.

Thanks for visiting our Visual Basic .NET forum. I'm sure you'll find plenty of resources on the net to help you with VBScript.

Sorry for suggesting a subforum dedicated to something
so totally irrelevant as VBS...

codeguru has a scripting forum

on the note of relevance, I see that VB.NET uses english words like For, If, Try, Catch, Class, Public etc. Perhaps we can set up a forum that discusses english language too?
VBS is not VB.NET, no matter how much it looks like it because it uses some similar words, ergo it doesnt really on this site!

I think I allready got the message but thanks for clearing that out for me
again....

Back