.NET Junior developer questions

Newbie81

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

I have a Junior web developer interview soon, I have never done a verbal/written technical interview before.

I am just wondering, if anyone out there kind enough to tell me what possible questions they will ask me on the .NET Questions?

I thank you in advance.

Off the top of my head you may be questioned on the following:

Functions (How/When to use/Why they are good)
Classes (Same as functions)

If your applying for a ".NET" coding position and are asked to demonstrate any code ensure that (where possible) you are using the .NET syntax not the VB6 if your a still transitioning between the two.
(i.e. use of substring instead of Mid)

Most of my questions have always revolved around logic more so than language though. ("Your in a room with 3 monkeys, which primate is the smartest") Just take your time and answer the questions intelligently rather than in a panicked fashion.

And most importantly (IMO) don’t BS. If you don’t know, say you don’t know but that you will or look forward to learning the answer. BS and get caught and your likely done.

There's a company that advertises on these forums called seetec, they have a free to take aptitude test on their site...

http://193.122.31.185/contacts/aptitude-cont-act.aspx

As Raven65 said it mostly logic stuff, do you know about the fibonacci sequence and things like that. But as well as that the types of questions you will be asked will also have to do with the type of work you will be doing i.e DataAccess, Web Development, Component Development etc etc if we knew what your role was going to be i'm sure we could come up with some questions that could be posed at the interview.

Hi, for future references here is the most detailed Q&A I found for ASP.NET, it is divided for beginners and professionals:
ASP.NET Interview Questions for Beginners and Professionals - Part 4 - CodeProject
Also when I was participating in the junior position interview I got a variation of a FizzBuzz test that I needed to write on a piece of paper.
I think it is a good practice for every newcomer to test out his coding capabilities with these kind of tests, or with some classics like fibonacci sequence, factorials calculator, etc., before the interview. For example you can try solving tests on this coding test website.

Back