Need help with "Current Working Directory"

solutionz

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everybody, first time post here, just want to thank everyone in advance for their help.

Let me give you guys some background on what im trying to accomplish. I have several email templates in .MSG format. The program i made simply launches the .MSG into an outlook session.

At which point i need to make some changes on the template and click save. When i click save i need it to save to the current working directory not where i opened it from because it will then over write the template.

Heres the code i thought would work but it doesn't, it persists on saving to where the file opened:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim startInfo As New ProcessStartInfo()
startInfo.FileName = "\\fileserver\mis$\HelpDesk Custom Software\Priority Messages\X Store XXX Priority Message.msg"

startInfo.WorkingDirectory = "\\fileserver\mis$\HelpDesk Custom Software\Priority Messages\Proof folder"

Process.Start(startInfo)

End Sub

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help is most appreciated, please let em know how this can be accomplished. Im open to new ideas as well :)

Back