Question Creating custom game launcher with php included

konradmm

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello
first of all im gonna tell u that im very beginner of all these stuff.
Im using Visual Studio 2010 to make custom game launcher.
But not i got some problems...
I created some buttons that when i press this is executed:
VB.NET:
Shell("cmd /c start " & links_reg, AppWinStyle.Hide)
which runs my default web browser and link from 'links_reg' in it

but now... i included php file in my launcher like that :
VB.NET:
wbNotice.Navigate(left_notice)
where left_notice is link to my .php file
and wbNotice is my field in launcher.

but now, whenever i click any link inside this php file, internetexplorer comes in and link is opened in IE.
how can i fix it so my ddefault browser will open these links ?

p.s. i need to have php file included.

link to notice php file: http://www.bonzaii.eu/Launcher/news.php
its in polish but it doesnt matter i think ;]

need help please :)
Regards, konradmm

First of all, don't use Shell in VB.NET. Use Process.Start. If you want to open a URL in your default browser then simply call Process.Start and pass the URL.

As for clicking a link in your WebBrowser control, I think that you should be able to handle the Navigating event, get the URL and cancel the event, thus cancelling the navigation, then open the URL yourself as specified earlier.

First of all, don't use Shell in VB.NET. Use Process.Start. If you want to open a URL in your default browser then simply call Process.Start and pass the URL.

As for clicking a link in your WebBrowser control, I think that you should be able to handle the Navigating event, get the URL and cancel the event, thus cancelling the navigation, then open the URL yourself as specified earlier.

can u specify me how i can handle navigating event, cancel and open ?
im really newbie there ;p

You handle the Navigating event the same way you handle any other event, you cancel an event that supports it by setting the e.Cancel property to True and I already told you how to open the URL.

Back