Msgbox doesn't show text...help?

gmc8757

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey, when I used a msgbox or a text label in my windows app, it doesn't show the text. Last night i was messing with framework updates and what not, and the text on my msgbox showed up once. Then i went to sleep, woke up, tried it again, and its back to not showing up. Do you think this is framework issue? I just started programming so any help is appreciated...thanks,
Joe

Thanks for replying....i don't think it's code related....even if it's something simple like this:

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
MsgBox("hello")
End Sub

a blank message box shows up..... but if i run it on one of my laptops...it works fine...if i run it on my other laptop....only the messagebox shows up with no "Hello"

so that's why i thought i was missing some prereqs or something but i have no clue
thanks

Weird ... really. All i can recall at the moment is to use only 1st laptop hahahaha JK :D

Is it the same FW version installed on both notebooks? Update the fw if say you find that you have fw 1.0 on the 2nd laptop and also change the MsgBox() to MessageBox.Show() even i don't think it will help you much

Regards ;)

Do you have any McAfee products installed? There is a conflict in the buffer overflow protection they provide that causes Text in .NET apps to disappear at times. McAfee have a patch available.

I've moved this thread to the Windows Forms forum, which is the more appropriate location for Windows Forms-related questions.

Back