MS Access DB working with Masked Edit Control

jetski4419

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am very new to vb.NET

Can anybody please explain to me how you go about using Masked Edit Control with a MS Access 2000 Database?

Prior to starting with Masked Edit control I was using ordinary Text boxes to transfer the information from the Database to the Form and back again, at that time everything was working perfectly.

I have just started to introduce Masked Edit control to the Form. I require the use of:

Long Dates to produce: 17 June 2005 dd MMMM yyyy

Telephone Number: (01280)5841256 (####)#######

Currency £: £10,000.00 £######.##

I can get the Masked Edit Control working on the Form, the problem I have is for example. If I execute a search of a record on the Form (SELECT Query) the Masked Edit Control boxes remain blank.

I'm using Visual Studio.NET, Version 2003 and Microsoft Masked Edit Control, Version 6.0. I have placed it in the Visual studio Toolbox, I have then gone to Properties, The Database table and the Regional & language Settings (XP), setting them all to a Long Date format: dd MMMM yyyy. I am now well and truly stuck, Can anybody tell me what I need to do the resolve my problem.

I came across this web site trying to get the answer and I have used the procedure explained in the document

http://www.functionx.com/vcsharp/controls/maskedit.htm

Here's hoping somebody can help, I can send the Database and Form if required?

Thank you in advance

jetski4419 :confused:

Further to my original post I thought I would supply the states of the:

SELECT: The Masked Edit control box that has replaced the Text box does not view the data from the Database any longer.

INSERT: Error message: 'Data type mismatch expression'.

UPDATE: Working OK around the Masked edit boox, but you can't view the details in it, so you can't alter those anyway.

DELETE: Working perfectly the whole Dataset is removed.

I hope this is of use, here's hoping for some help.

Regards jetski4419 :confused:

Back