MDAC Check

ayozzhero

Programming Experience
1-3
Is there a way I can enforce VB to use MDAC 2.7 though many MDAC versions are installed in the PC. And is there a way I can detect from my application if MDAC 2.7 is not yet installed in the PC.

My application works fine in all computers in my office. But when I install it on my clients' PCs, there I can see many troubles coming out [sigh]. I suspect there must be something related to MDAC since the error messages are all related to OLEDB. I am using Microsoft Access 2002.

Thank you for any help or idea regarding this matter.

I solved a part of the problem using Astrum Installwizard. Another part is how to direct the application to use a specific MDAC version. Previously in VB6 I think we can select and deselect a reference that we want. by going to Project --> Reference.

Is there anything similar in VB .Net?

References are found in the project explorer (by default, on the left hand side of the IDE).
To add a refernce, right click the References icon and select 'Add Reference'. To remove a reference, right click that reference (if the references aren't displayed, click the plus beside the References icon to expand that node) and click 'Remove'.

Back