Manual Data Forms

desperado

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, I was wondering if someone could be able to help me out a little bit, basically I have some buttons and textboxes on a form which looks similar to a form created by a Data Form Wizard. On a form I installed the OleDbAdapter which created the OleDbConnection to my database, and with the Adapter I created a Dataset which was linked to the table. On the form I had textboxes, and buttons which loaded the data in to the form, other buttons consisted of moving to the next record, last record, previous record, first record, add, delete and update record. The textboxes have been data binded to the correct parts of the table, my question is simple im sure there is a method where you can have the layout of the form same as that of a data form wizard, but I want to do the coding my self rather than letting VB.net do it for me. Could anyone help a little bit with the coding for each button? Or give me a link where it could help me to make the buttons work?

I know there is a method that works as I tried it before, but somehow I have deleted that program and that was created some time ago.

Looking forward into hearing from you. Thanks!

I recommend letting "VB do it for you" then read the code in the Form1.Designer.vb file..

Same for the Dataset1.Designer.vb ..

And remember, using the GUI to write code isnt cheating! It's good sense!

Back