log soap message in vs.net

varvar

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi, everyone.

I need to log soap message that is submitted to the webservice. I use VS.net 2005, and for me the whole thing was just webreference, proxy created from that reference and methods of that proxy object. Unfortunatelly, proxy class has no ways to show soap message ( or at least i cannot find it). I used SoapExtension class inherit with some functions overrided. Now the question is - how to make proxy use new soapextension inherited class. I tryed to put "Nothing" instead of parameters when i call proxy RPC methods. Didn't work. I tried to play with web.config. No luck either.

Any help is very appreciated. thx

Maybe if you post the code you've already written for this, someone can take a look and see where you go wrong. or maybe explaining what, exactly, it is you're tending to do may help as well. Are you trying to access some of the public WS's (Google, IMDB etc.) or some made by yourself?

I am working on asp.net application that uses Axis webservice. in vs.net i added webreference to my project. then created proxy for that reference and using some of the methods. This part works ok( except i am getting error message from webserver). Now i need to save soap message I'm sending to webservice. (i have to send it to webservice developers to figure out why i am getting error message from their side.)
To get soap message i created two new classes (.vb files). One of them inherits SoapExtension class,second one inherits soapextensionattribute class. in this class i override functions to save soapmessage. now i have to put reference to this class in web.config file. Something like
<webServices>
<soapExtensionTypes>
<add type="ValidationExtension,
DevelopMentor.Web.Services"
priority="1" group="0" />
</soapExtensionTypes>
</webServices>
But when i run my project I get error that in web.config "type" cannot be parsed. I believe my error is in syntax of the "type" attribute of "add" tag.

Back