ListView Hell

Anti-Rich

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello everyone,

well the past week has been one long week of tearing my hair out, reading insane amounts of (what i realised at the end of reading it) useless information.

what i am trying to do, is render an extended ListViewItem (named SuperTreeItem) onto an extended listview. for some reason, the items wont render by default (probably because everything so far is custom made), and as i have found out overriding the on_paint method is useless as i have to ACTUALLY override the wndproc method, and handle the WM_PAINT windows API message.

now, you would think that this wouldnt be much of an issue, but it seems its one freaking GIANT issue in the fact that i have searched high and low for the hexadecimal or integer or double value of the WM_PAINT constant (as i cant import c headers into a vb.net project, and call the values from there), and i cannot find it anywhere. i have read countless examples of people overriding the wndproc method, but 99.999999 percent of them are in C++, and handling pretty much every OTHER windows message BUT WM_PAINT. i think im close to bashing my head on the desk. i dont often get frustrated like this but i feel like im running into brick wall after brick wall.

ideally, i want to be able to, upon clicking on said SuperTreeItem item in the SuperTree Control, it find its containing items and render them onto the form. but if i can just start by rendering basic items that would be great! if someone could please help me i would be forever grateful...

yours in desperation

adam
:(

Attachments

• WindowsApplication2.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 21
Back