language

student_help

Programming Experience
Beginner
HI

Would anyone be able to advise me on how to decide between two languages. I am creating a program in which the user is able to enter Arabic or french words into a text box (these words are then stored in a database). I need to know in which lanuage they have been entered to be stored in the database. Would anyone be able to advise me on how to go about this

Thanks in advance

i am using vb.net and Sql server 2005. Any other information you require i will be happy provide

Thanks for the help that would be the easy solution however this does not match in with the design of the program which the customer has requested. Is there another way to carry out this check. They want it preformed automatically.

Thanks again

I seriously doubt this will be easy then. The only thing i can think of ( and this is one wild stab in the dark!!!) is to perform a test for non-ASCII characters. You have an advantage that arabic doesn't use ASCII (i don't think). Thats the only thing i can think of.

Maybe checking the computer culture is useful for you? This can give you the users location and language. Example:
VB.NET:
MsgBox(My.Computer.Info.InstalledUICulture.DisplayName)
There are several properties you could explore to get specific culture info.

Back