Keyboard Langyage Change

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there.

I am writing a small app to practise my Russian vocabulary. I have two text boxes. In first I want to input a word in English. When I tab across to the second textbox I want to automatically be able to enter the Cyrillic fonts using the standard Russian keyboard layout. Visa versa when I go back to the other text box it must change to english and the standard keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mnay Thanks

Jeremy

Friend the only way i found so far is to change the keyboard layout by its index that is not very good as you never know what languages will be present on the target PC. However, this is how you can change the language say on mouseEnter, GotFocus etc. event:

VB.NET:
System.Windows.Forms.InputLanguage.CurrentInputLanguage = InputLanguage.InstalledInputLanguages(1) 'say this will change the input lang to Russian

System.Windows.Forms.InputLanguage.CurrentInputLanguage = InputLanguage.InstalledInputLanguages(0) 'this will back the input lang to English

HTH
Regards ;)

kulrom,

many thanks. I am only writing this app for personal use on my own machine which has the Russian installed so this will be great.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated

Back