Is there a way that VS is not installed (temp) in c:?

MarksMan

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there all,

Just new here at this forum and i have a question.
Everytime as I want to install Visual Studio 2005 (I got both standard and professional (although that one gives a problem during install))it needs 1.2 GB or so of free disk space of the c drive.
Well you all might feel the thunder, I sometimes don't have that much space on my c drive.

Is there a way to dodge this thing?

And did I explained it correctly? I can put in screenshots of the problem if nessesary.

Oh by the way, I know that Professional costs an awful lot, but I was a student of a college and that had an agreement with Microsoft (msdnaa on e-academy), so don't think I have it illigal.

Edit: sorry I totally overlooked that there was a place for installation on this forum, I didnt look good, please move this topic to Installation.

Well MarksMan, you generally get an option as to whether or not you want a complete install. Remember that Visual Studio includes Managed c++, C#, as well as a few other optional extras. So you don't have to install the whole package and i believe that MSDN can be run from the CD ROM after a minimal install. But i have to say that if you ony have 1.2 GB of HardDisk space then i would reccommend going out and buying a slave, they are not expensive now-a-days.

Back