i m facing a problem in a window application
we have made an HTML editor using web browser control in .net 2.0 framework
when u use it in small application typing speed is excellent
but when we use the same control in big application
it creates user to stuck while typing in the editor
and application reacts so slow
please help me if any body have faced the same problem
or if he has some clue about the problem

Shouldn't you be using a RichTextBox (probably with syntax color highlighting) for the actual editor and use the WebBrowser control to simply display their html as a webpage?

thanx for ur advise

thanx for advise
but it is not as simpler control as one thnk about it we r using it for auto sentence generation and also we restrict the user from deleteing the sentence generated by the system altough he can delete the the text he has entered from key board
before using the browser as an editor we were using txtextcontrol a third party tool that provides many of the features we were in need at that time
but data input using text control was very difficult
in rich text editor we cannot identify which text was generated from keyboard and from application it self
in html editor we can put tags tu identify the text generated from application
now wht u suggest in this situation
thanx in advance

I am thinking you respond to events like text changed and this is what takes too much processing. If you just take 100 ms to process the text whenever the user types a letter, it is going to show. Maybe you could handle the text changed event only when the newly entered character is a whitespace (or the user deletes something) to help performance a bit or some similar quick and dirty trick?

Otherwise I can only think of profiling the code to find the bottlenecks and optimizing them one by one until performance revert to an acceptable level. I've written quite a lot of text parsing code and I can probably help you out, can you show me some code?

thanx brother

u are right we were doing this kind of things on keydown
but even if we remove all the handlers problem do exist though we have little performance improvment and problem wasnt solved
application is too big to send in which the scnerio where u can feel the problem
and if i send u the sample application it will run fine u will not feel the problem:mad:
this problem is a bottle neck in the application wht else could be the reason

If you were to use a text control for this instead of a html rendering control for this, you wouldn't have a bottleneck to deal with (at least not this bottleneck).

Back