Indenting my code when I post in the forum

hipturtle

Programming Experience
10+
Hello

I have answered som posts recently and I don't seem to be able to get the hang of indenting my code. I have tried the CODE /CODE and the XCODE /XCODE Tags but they don't indent the code so i tried it with indented the code manualy with the tags but this did not work either.

Please can someone help

Thanks in advance

VB.NET:
 use [ code ] and [ /code ] (without the spaces)

or

[ XCODE=vb ] [ /XCODE ] 

Ok, so the xcode ones don't quite show in the example.

If you use the advanced editor, there are handy shortcuts provided too.

What I do is copy the code from VS, and paste it into forum editor. The code copied from VS code editor is already indented, and forum formatting doesn't lose that when you use code formatting tags. You can use the code or xcode tags as explained in forum faq. As mentioned they are also available as formatting buttons in advanced posting editor. I usually click one of those buttons and then paste the code, but you can also paste the code first and select it, then click one of the tag buttons to surround the selection with that tag. The same also goes for all other formatting tags. Finally use the preview button to see if you are happy with how the post looks before you submit it.
The xcode language parameter has be input manually, the Faq example uses parameter "vb", but it appears "vbnet" and "vb.net" is also valid, as long as they are lower case.

Back