Image Capture and Manipulation

ss123

Programming Experience
1-3
hi, i have a question would like to ask all expert here. I want to develop a program that capture picture from webcam and perform an edition or decoration on the picture like changing the hair style, and then display it in 2D or 3D form. From your experience, can this be done?

Can anyone provide me some advice or information on this. Please advice.

Many thanks to all information provider... Thank you in advance.

Anything "can be done" given sufficient resources - you need to impose some restrictions on your terms.. like if it can be done within 10 years or $50,000 etc.. also, I'm not sure if windows forms is the best place to ask this, ask you dont seem to be querying anything specifically about windows?

What research have you done so far? I know that some hair salons will digitally photograph their clients and then allow them to play around with hairstyles on the computer..

I've moved this thread to a more suitable forum and given it a more suitable title. Please post in the most appropriate forum and provide a descriptive title.

This sounds like a relatively advanced project. The image capture part would probably be best done using Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which you can search for on MSDN for more information. The image manipulation part would take some effort to do well. I'd start searching MSDN and Google for "image manipulation" and similar topics in relation to .NET. Don't forget that you can also use the Windows API and various COM technologies that may be available. Frankly, I think that this would be too ambitious a project for someone of limited experience, as I'm guessing that you are from the tone of your question. What you do is up to you but I'd be getting my basics up to scratch before trying something like that.

Back