IIS not running ASP.NET 1.1

klanda20

Programming Experience
Beginner
The title pretty much says it all. I'm trying to create a web application and I just installed IIS, but I guess its not running ASP.NET 1.1.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Kyle

Not sure if IIS detects .Net when installed after the Framework, usually the solution is to run "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" from the folder "\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\", but I just found this blog with a few notes you should read too: http://geekswithblogs.net/paulmehner/archive/2005/08/03/48970.aspx
(basically -i registers and sets version on all iis sites and this is important to consider, it could be limited, run with -? to see help)

IIS is automatically configured to handle requests to ASP.NET pages, and to redirect the execution to the ASP.NET runtime. Maybe older version of Windows OS like a Win2k and below but Windows XP will not make a trouble to you even if you install .NET FW where IIS was not already present.

Regards ;)

Could be. I think it was Win2000 Server perhaps I saw this happen once, where .Net FW 1 was installed first and IIS later. Aspnet_regiis.exe did fix the problem then, I remember.

seema.nare@oasis-bs.com said:
If there are websites with both versions in 1.1 and 2.0 then, it would not work. So we need to set to the appropriate version in website property. Or select the application pool with the same version.
Absolutely wrong ... i am in rush so i will not spend time to explain but, you suppose to know that both versions can work together without an additional setting? Btw, i don;t think so he has both versions there but rather that his problem is soemthing else ... anyway we cannot guess untill he appears again lol ... ;)

Back