ExEdzy

Programming Experience
3-5
Hey guys :)

So i created resource file

New --> new file --> Native Resource Template

Then added icons with custom id, like "x", "u_100", .. so i understand,
what the files (in my case icons) is..

And i saved as 32-bit resource file (*.res)

So i have a question, how can i use these files inside of resource file
in my apps? i know how to add icons in to my app..

Me.Icon = New Icon(C:/icon.ico)

but how can i specifi the
icon i need, add and use it in my app from the resource file?

Why use unmanaged resources? VS has great support for managed resources, just look in the Resources tab of project properties. Then you also get the strongly typed properties from My.Resource object.

Why use unmanaged resources? VS has great support for managed resources, just look in the Resources tab of project properties. Then you also get the strongly typed properties from My.Resource object.

Yeah i know what my.resources is, but i want to use external resource file, cos my resourses take about 3mb, and i dont want them to be in my app it self, but in seperate file.. and besides, i use multiple exe for my app (multiple projects(exe, dll), that make one app working togehter..)

So add the managed resource to a dll and set the access modifier for the generated resource proxy to public. (ClassLibrary1.My.Resources.theicon)

So add the managed resource to a dll and set the access modifier for the generated resource proxy to public. (ClassLibrary1.My.Resources.theicon)

tnx, man :)

My solution:

create dll
add images (or anything) to my.resources of dll (pluss make everithing public :) )
compile it

added to project, and to use:

VB.NET:
MyDll.My.Resources.image

(pluss make everithing public )
In case you misunderstood and started changing the generated code, in Resources page there is a setting where you can choose between Friend (default) and Public.

In case you misunderstood and started changing the generated code, in Resources page there is a setting where you can choose between Friend (default) and Public.

Yeah, thats what i did, in my.resourses tab, there where dropdown box where i can select public :)

Tnx you guys :*

Back