How to Use Framework 2.0 with VB .net 2003 [RESOLVED]

TazNormand

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,

I've just installed the Framework .net 2.0 redist package, and i use VS .net 2003 (only VB .net in fact), when i try to force Framework 2.0 in the Project properties (Generation/Runtime), i only see framework 1.1, 1.0 and 1.1+1.0

Where is the 2.0 ? Is there any patch ? :confused:

it's very urgent for me

please help :eek:

Thanks

Last edited:
You can't use version 2.0 of the Framework with VS.NET 2003. You have to use the v2.0 SDK to target v2.0 of the Framework and VS.NET 2003 does, and can, only use the v1.1 SDK. You'll have to upgrade to the 2005 IDE if you want to create v2.0 apps. You can get VB 2005 Express for free, but it does lack some of the features of the paid for versions.

thanks for your answer

i think my company won't pay for a VS 2005 upgrade. :(

i'll try the free express version, and i'll continue to use the 2003 version with FW 1.1

i close this post

thanks again :p

huu how to close ??? please don't answer me look at my signature, it didn't help me the last time you say that to me !!!

1) don't close it... others may be able to tack on later. I hate it when I see a closed thread... esp when I have something I'd like to add.
2) If you EDIT your ORIGINAL post at the top, just add "[RESOLVED]" to the topic title. Then people know you got your answer.

-tg

Back