How to open help file in a modeless window?

Srikanthv

Programming Experience
5-10
help window always stays on the top of the parent form (dialog or
application window), even though the parent claims focus. Looks a bit weird (I would prefer the help window to be totally independent of the parent), How can we do that? I want switch back to the parent form. (front and back) :confused:

Build a custom help window and just call it with the .show method as oppsed to the .showdialog method. Post a little code if that isn't what your looking for so we can better help you.

Help.ShowHelp(Value, "C:\Apphelp.htm")

Please Can show me some code for Build a custom help window. I am just opening in the normal way.

For others to know...
The final code we built together aside from this post solve this problem was just making a false form and using it was the help windows parent.

VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Button1_Click([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Object, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Button1.Click[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] strHelpFile [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"xpmsgr.chm"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] f [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Form[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Help.ShowHelp(f, strHelpFile, Windows.Forms.HelpNavigator.Topic)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Back