Answered How to access the "help" from a button in code

SmokyRick

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello - I have a button on my form which says "Help", and I would like it to access the same thing as when the user hits F1. I have a "Help Provider" which I am using for that purpose. I am programming with Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017. How can I do this? Any help would be appreciated. I cannot seem to find any references to this online, and am quite lost.
Thanks, Smoky

Thanks, I was able to use the line Help.ShowHelp(Me, [my URL]) in the buttonHelp_Click sub and that worked.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, when I first went to your link I was pretty lost. It is about C# rather than Visual Basic. However, knowing they are both parts of the .NET framework, I read it through anyway. I found one line in there that seemed like it would work, and when I tried it I had success. Thank you.

At top right of menu bar there is a language selector where you can choose VB to get VB code samples. The member lists with their descriptions and remarks is the most important part of the documentation system, although code samples is nice too sometimes.

Back