Question How to make the program read a specific id for hdd

abusohayb

Programming Experience
3-5
hello everyone ...
please I need help ...
I want to know how to make my program read an id for hdd which I provide it to the program not that one which already the hdd have?
thanks and I hope that anyone can help me ...

If you provide it then how is the app reading it from the hard drive? Your question doesn't really make sense I'm afraid. Try providing a FULL and CLEAR description. Assume that too many words is better than not enough.

assume that the my hdd serial is: WD-WCAUF4235871
I want my program read the serial number for hdd as: CC-DFER8971024 for example
I hope that the idea now is clear

The idea is not clear because that suggests that the application is not actually reading the HDD serial number at all but simply reporting a false value to the user. I can't see what genuinely useful purpose that could have so, unless you provide an explanation as to why this is a good thing, I'm going to assume that it's malicious and close this thread.

I made a project for a school ...
and because I want to save it from been copied to another PC ...
so I make this project don't work unless the hdd serial is that one I have installed on it before ...
the problem is if that hdd for any reason have been damaged or something like that ...
the program will not work again on any another hard disk ...
I want to know how to make a program as I explained before to make the program work on any hdd I want at the same time I prevent it from been copied without my permission ...
I really hope that I'm making myself clear this time ...
If not ...
so close this thread as you said ...
thank you for your reply and I'm sorry if I distributing you ...

Latest posts

Back