How to decrease loading time of table adapters using WAN

evolet10000

Programming Experience
Beginner
ok i have a Windows Forms program that loads 4000+ records each time i login to it...and it takes about 10 secs to show my main form...with those data's.... is there a way to decrease its loading time?5 seconds will be ok... by the way im using Wide Area Network for the deployment of this thing...thats why long loading time becomes an issue...

hopes someone can help thanks :D

Assuming that you're doing everything the right way, it takes as long as it takes to retrieve the data. We don't know whether you're doing everything right though, because you haven't shown us what you're doing. Have you timed the code to see exactly how long the data retrieval takes and whether that's actually the bottleneck, as opposed to display of that data or something else? Do you actually need all that data loaded or can you load a subset? Could you load some or all of the data asynchronously after the form has been displayed?

I just used the fill method using tableadapters(drag and drop) with backgroundworker,so i think im doing it in a simple way before showing the main form filled with those data's...data retrieval time take 10 sec... for 4000+ records... the internet speed in my workplace is pretty good either since im using WAN for this project... but still it takes 10 sec... so i just wondering what if i deploy this in a workplace with not so good internet connection em afraid loading time may increase... by the way thanks for the reply :D

If you care about performance specifically then always measure things. Perform the data retrieval in isolation with no display and confirm the actual time for the data retrieval.

Back