Question How to create ribbon?

xkjw

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,does anyone know how to create a ribbon like the one you have seen in Microsoft Office 2007/2010? I could not afford the Krypton Suite.
Thank you for your help in advance.

how to use the ribbon?

I have downloaded the demo and source file from The Code Project and I could not work out how should I to use the ribbon? I am using Visual Studio Express 2010 and it cannot open the project file, the conversion wizard did not manage to help.

In Toolbox right-click and choose "Add Tab", name it for example "Ribbon". Now you get a new tab area in Toolbox where it says "Drag an item onto this text to add it to the toolbox". Find the System.Windows.Forms.Ribbon.dll from the demo you downloaded and drag it to the toolbox as explained. After doing this the tab is filled with 14 ribbon controls from that library.

In Toolbox right-click and choose "Add Tab", name it for example "Ribbon". Now you get a new tab area in Toolbox where it says "Drag an item onto this text to add it to the toolbox". Find the System.Windows.Forms.Ribbon.dll from the demo you downloaded and drag it to the toolbox as explained. After doing this the tab is filled with 14 ribbon controls from that library.

I have tried this as it didnt work I am using visual basic 2010 express.

I have tried this as it didnt work I am using visual basic 2010 express.
Try right-clicking the Toolbox and selecting Choose Items, then navigate to the appropriate DLL.

Dragging the dll to Toolbox works fine in VB 2010 Express, so you must simply not be following directions properly. "Choose Items" as suggested can also be used of course.

Back