How to copy forms

wjburke2

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am a newbie if you can’t tell already. I am trying to create several forms by copy a form. the only difference is the controls. One has a Listbox the next has a Listview so on and so forth. When I copied the orginal form creating a SelectForms3. I get a bunch of messages about multiple definitions. I did not get those message with SelectForms2. Is it possible to copy forms in VB? :eek: I got like 20 of these.

1 'Protected Overrides Sub Dispose(disposing As Boolean)' has multiple definitions with identical signatures.

The ultimate goal is to create a application that will allow user to select files from one list drag and drop into another. Then check them out (copy) to a work dir and backup the current ones to a differant place. If anyone has a link to an example. that would be great :)

Last edited:
If all the forms have the same design & controls on them (except for a few) then I would create 1 Base form with all of the functionality on it then have the other three forms inherit the base form and these three have their differences on them

Also: thread moved.

Thanks

That makes sense and I think that may be the right way to go on this. As newbie I am not sure how to do that just yet. I took an 8 week online class a year ago and am just getting to use it. I did find that the class and the load event had the old names. When I changed them to SearchFilesFrm3 all those errors went away. But thanks now I know how to do it right.

Back