How to convert Access 2013 DB into SQL COMPACT

LeoVBNET

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi
Because VS 2013 dropped SQL COMPACT databases, I need to convert Access 2013 databases into SQL COMPACT in order to be able to use Linq to SQL in VB 2013.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks

Because VS 2013 dropped SQL COMPACT databases
What does that even mean? If VS 2013 didn't support SQL Server CE then what use would your converting your Access database to SQL Server CE be?
I need to convert Access 2013 databases into SQL COMPACT in order to be able to use Linq to SQL in VB 2013.
I'm not aware of any automated tool to do that. If I had to do that, I'd simply design a new SQL Server CE database with the appropriate schema and then write a little Console app to copy the data across.

Thanks

What does that even mean? If VS 2013 didn't support SQL Server CE then what use would your converting your Access database to SQL Server CE be?

I'm not aware of any automated tool to do that. If I had to do that, I'd simply design a new SQL Server CE database with the appropriate schema and then write a little Console app to copy the data across.

I find out to work with localdb databases. To do that I installed SQL SERVER Express 2014 with Tools. And that?s all.

Thanks a lot

Back