How to control project location specifics

alsnchns

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am a novice, so please forgive my ignorance. I have searched the forums and have not found this discussed; but if it has been, please direct me accordingly.

I have a .NET project with several forms, some code and modules. I want to modify the location and names of these entries. I cannot see a way to do this.
I looked in the TOOLS menu and the Project Properties menu but can't locate the option.

For example:

My source code and project are in: C://My_Code/VB_Project/. The file names all begin with "Data_Quality.*" (Data_Quality.sln, Data_Quality.vbproj, etc.). The executable created goes to C://My_Code/VB_Project/bin/Data_Quality.exe.

I want to move the project and rename all of the associated files in another directory. Further, I want the executable created during the build process to go to yet another directory.

Is this possible and if so, how do I control the parameters? Thanks much.

probably the easiest way to rename en-mass is to use the command prompt and the "ren" command. To relocate where your program gets compiled to, right click on your project in the Solution Explorer within the IDE and go to Properties. Click on the Compile tab. The box you're looking for should be right at the top called "Build Output Path:"

Back