Question How to change name(variable name) and text of all controls on a form at one place..

mfaizan24@gmail.com

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,
Does anyone know how to change name(variable name) and text of the controls at one place like in netbean we have document tag where we can change all controls name/text even form name and its title at one place, Its taking too much time to change control name and text one by one by selecting them and changing in properties tab.

I think you mean the Document Outline window, which shows the controls as a tree, and you can edit the names in place by clicking them.

Thank you john, that is what I was looking for,I just gone through Document Outline window but It won't let me change the text of the control all I can change just variable name of the control.

Properties varies for different controls and must be changed in Properties window. It has the benefits though, you can select multiple controls and set the same value for any common property in one go, and setting different values for same property for a series of controls is also rather quick since the last used property remains selected.

Back