Question how to calculate in vb.net the nth root for biginteger

andrews

Programming Experience
5-10
how to calculate in vb.net the nth root for biginteger ?
I could not find a solution for that question
Thanks for any response

Solution
yes, it is in the first way a math question.
I have drawn up an algorithm myself because I have not found such an algorithm on the net.
Granted, there may be faster algorithms out there, but a solution on my computer took only 1 millisecond for a 20th root of a 10^80 biginteger, which isn't bad.
I also found an idea on the net, but I didn't develop it
It is based on (a+b)^n = a^n + nba^(n-1) + ..... +b^n where a is a temporary solution and b is the improvement to be made.
b is determined approximately with (a+b)^n = a^n + nba^(n-1) and so on proceed in the same way.
I think this is faster.
This looks more like a mathematics question than a VB.NET question. You need to come up with an algorithm first, which is something that you should be able to perform manually. Once you have an algorithm, then you can try to work out how to implement that in your chosen language and we can help with that part for VB.NET.

By the way, the VS.NET forum is for question about Visual Studio. If you have a question about the VB.NET language, that belongs in the VB.NET forum. Please post in the most appropriate forum for the topic, not just the first one in the list. Thread moved.

yes, it is in the first way a math question.
I have drawn up an algorithm myself because I have not found such an algorithm on the net.
Granted, there may be faster algorithms out there, but a solution on my computer took only 1 millisecond for a 20th root of a 10^80 biginteger, which isn't bad.
I also found an idea on the net, but I didn't develop it
It is based on (a+b)^n = a^n + nba^(n-1) + ..... +b^n where a is a temporary solution and b is the improvement to be made.
b is determined approximately with (a+b)^n = a^n + nba^(n-1) and so on proceed in the same way.
I think this is faster.

Attachments

• Public Function KnowNdeRoot.txt
    1,022 bytes · Views: 18
Solution
Back