how to avoid( Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM Component)

jayawant

Programming Experience
1-3
hi,

i have create a setup file with inno software including interop.MessengerAPI.dll of chatting application(with windows live messenger).I have created a setup file with inno of that chatting application.but installed that setup it is work in only my pc it is not work in anather pc.because this errors are generated ( Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM Component).How to avoid or remove this error.?

Thanks,

An Interop DLL is a .NET assembly that sits between your application and a COM component, allowing them to INTEROPerate with each other. If only your application and the Interop library are present then the system will fail. Your users still need to have the appropriate COM component registered on their system. What COM component is it and how did you get it on your system? Can I assume that its Windows Live Messenger? If so then presumably your users must install Windows Live Messenger.

hi,

in anather pc also installed windows live messenger.but Interop.Messenger.dll are not work properly to that machine because this errors are generate(Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM Component).It is not registered in that pc.how to register interop.messengerAPI.dll into registry?.In that pc .net is not installed.

Thanks,

You don't register an Interop library. The Interop library sits in the same folder as the application. It's the COM component that needs to be registered, which should already be done if Windows Live Messenger is installed. Beyond that, we can't really tell you anything because the fact that a call to a COM component failed is simply not enough to go on.

hi,

i have create simple chat application with windows live messenger.I have give reference of

MessengerAPI type Library.then it works.after creating a setup file with inno software

including interop.MessengerAPI.dll of chatting application(with windows live messenger).Install

that setup on anather machine then following errors are generates. ( Error HRESULT E_FAIL has

been returned from a call to a COM Component).How to avoid or remove this error.?The chatting

is not done in windows live messenger.I have give the anather reference ie,

Interop.MessengerAPI.dll but same errors will be generates.Interop.MessengerAPI.dll it is

supported in windows xp or not?
Give me
the suggestion,urls,links.

Thanks,

Back