[Help] Connecting Visual Studio 2010 with MS access 2003..?

aquilina

Programming Experience
1-3
Anyone here can guide me how to connect access 2003 database with Vb 2010? I have tried vb2008 way, but its doesnt work.. I'm installing on Windows 7 64 bit machine it does not work with OLEDB. How do you connect then to Access without using OLEDB Jet 4 and that it is compatable with windows7 64 bit? I cannt even found OLEDB Jet 4 inside the vb2010.. Hope i can found my solution here..

The "VB 2008 way" does work. Your problem is most likely that your project is targeting the Any CPU platform. As such, it will be running in 64-bit mode on your 64-bit system, but there's no 64-bit version of Jet. You need to change the target platform to x86, to force the app to run in 32-bit mode on all systems. This is a very common problem and you'll find lots of references if you search. Of course, you probably wouldn't have found them to begin with because you didn't know it was a 64-bit issue.

Easier Option

The easiest way to correct this in Visual Studio 2010 is to double click on your "My Project" object in the Solution Explorer window and then go to the "Compile" option, "Advanced Compile Options" and then where it says "Target CPU" Select x86. This will force the application to run in a 32 bit mode with all the command line junk.

Back