Question Having trouble with build executable?

tommyt11

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello I am somewhat new to vb.net but have written vba for many years. I am using Visual Studio 2012 and have built 2 prior applications in winforms. The third one I am having trouble. I debug in both debug and release mode and receive no errors or warnings. Everything runs as planned. When I build the solution and start the executable. It opens three different threads and fails to open Main window. I cannot even kill any of the threads in process explorer. I have looked online and have tried a number of tips to correct situation to no avail. I tried to debug in Visual Studio debugger and all I get is NO SOURCE AVAILABLE error. I am stumped. Please direct me in the right direction to alleviate this enigma.

What's in your main form's load event?
Are you using the application startup event? If so, what code do you have in there?

What's in your main form's load event?
Are you using the application startup event? If so, what code do you have in there?
The Main Load is blank
I am not using an application startup event.
In previous app builds I did not use either and they are running fine.
This one just hangs no matter what. But works fine in debug mode in bothe debug and release.

The Main Load is blank
I am not using an application startup event.
In previous app builds I did not use either and they are running fine.
This one just hangs no matter what. But works fine in debug mode in bothe debug and release.
Try making a new application & run it right out of the gate, if you get the same issue when you know it's something with your system, if it runs fine though, then you'll need to add code from the non working one piece by piece and see when things aren't working anymore.

I also see you've mentioned using VS 2012, while I haven't ever used that version last I knew it's still a buggy IDE, even with SP1 installed. VS 2013 Community Edition is free and I've never had issues with it, same with VS 2015 Community edition so you could try using one of those.

Back