Groupbox, Mouse Cursor stuck on waiting cursor

smokin

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I've put a bunch of items on a form inside to group box's.

Everything works fine except when putting the mouse inside the group box's the mouse cursor turns to the waiting sign one instead of the arrow. No matter what box's i click on or even the group boxs, if i scroll down the properties button on the right hand side to the Cursor option its selected on WaitCursor for all items i click on, if i click the down arrow and try to select Arrow as the option for it, after releasing the mouse button it defautls back to WaitCursor.

Any ideas guys?

vbnet2.jpg

vbnet3.jpg

It sounds like you've set the UseWaitCursor property to True, which prevents the Cursor property taking any other value. The UseWaitCursor property is useful because it allows you to simply toggle a boolean variable without worrying about which cursor is currently displayed. If UseWaitCursor is True then no matter what you assign to the Cursor property it will show the WaitCursor. However, when you set UseWaitCursor to False the cursor will become whatever the last value assigned was. That way you can set the Cursor to whatever you like, whenever you like without worrying about whether you might be undoing a change to use the Wait cursor.

ok i had a look on the source code for that form but couldnt find any of it written there a bout it being set to try

so i double clicked it, and on the form load event i wrote;

Me.UseWaitCursor = False

But its not written anywhere. It seems to solve the problem with text box's when you mouse over them it turns to a typing mouse icon but other than that the other blank areas of the form putting your mouse over or clicking the two tabs on the top it is the loading sign.

anywhere else i coudl check to see where it could be enabled?

You said it was happening for the GroupBox so it would have been the UseWaitCursor property of the GroupBox that was the problem I'm guessing. You should check that the UseWaitCursor property is false for all your controls. It would be a rare thing to have to have it set to True for anything at design time.

By the way, I mean look in the Properties window in the designer. You shouldn't have to be using code to do this unless you specifically want it set to True at some stage.

Back